Thursday, August 22, 2013

Gencon Report: Day 4 (Sunday)

Sunday began with sadness, for it was to be the last day of the convention, which meant coming back to Arizona. :(
Once everything was packed up and I said my early goodbyes to Chris and the others I took my bags down to get checked in. Figuring I wouldn't be doing much gaming I opted to check in all of my bags... My shoulders were hurting a lot anyway from carrying my minis bag around the whole con. This would be a slightly bad idea as I would get a bit bored later on, oh well.

There were bellydancers. They were awesome. I have video. ^_^

Much of the morning was spent just wandering around. My plan for the day was really to just get some last time to hang out with April, Mason and Nick, until the Malifaux Achievement League prizes were announced. The others hand things to do though, so after hanging out a bit everyone went their separate ways, mostly. I followed Mason to the Pandemic table. I was even considering joining in if they accepted my bondage ticket as a generic one, but that's when something unusual happened!

Why yes, that is a Klingon playing a mandolin (I think) next to a bellydancer. Gencon is weird. ^_^

I received a phone call from a number I didn't know. Now, normally I don't answer these sorts of calls. They're usually just depressing, but I answered it... and it went to my voice mail. Then, I checked my voice mail, which is odd as I'm usually -really- bad about checking it, but I'm glad I did this time, for I had a neat message. A message from the Wyrd Booth, telling me that I needed to come by "about the costume contest".
I pretty much grabbed my stuff and ran to the dealer's hall where the tide of people slowed my journey. *shakes fist* Eventually though I made it and learned that I had placed second in the Wyrd Costume Contest. Second. Place. I wasn't expecting that at all! In fact, it still feels a little surreal. Awesome, but surreal. :D

Voucher, woo!

I used the voucher I got to get April a starting Crew (Lady J) and grab some Beckoners and the Viks Crew for myself... All while wondering where and how I was going to store this stuff. My bags were packed as it was.

We also convinced April and Mason to try out Winter Tales. :D

April, Mason and I did a very very quick demo of Puppet Wars before returning to the Wyrd Booth for the raffle (I never got any raffle tickets, which was slightly annoying, but oh well. I got second place in a costume contest, that was awesome enough to make up for it! :D ) and for the Achievement League prizes... Which I placed 6th in, woo! That put me in the second tier of prizes... a Minion box and a box of the Hanging Tree minis. The minion box wasn't worrying to me because it was small, but I was staring in mild horror at the hanging tree box and how I was going to pack THAT in with everything else! XD
Once all the prizes were given out, the four of us decided to get in one last meal together before we all had to go our separate ways... So to Steak'n'shake we went! Sadly, because of the time and when my limo was ariving, I had to dash out early just to be safe, so I grabbed a to-go box and went back to the hotel. After getting hugs, because hugs are awesome.
Miraculously, I was able to pack everything into my bags. I was worried about stuff breaking, but thankfully it would only be the Hanging Tree box that was damaged, and even then only a bit. April stopped by and we chatted for a while until my ride arrived. One more hug and then I was off to the airport where check-in and security were, thankfully, short.
Obviously, the flight made it back to Phoenix safely and I was back home quickly. I have to admit, after five days of being in a non-smoking area, coming home to a heavy smoker was like being punched in the nose. I'm still getting used to it. @_@
And that was the last day. ^_^ Coming next will be the aftermath and my thoughts on my very first Gencon, woo!

And because I can, have an angry giant spider-chick. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment