Monday, August 19, 2013

Gencon Report: Day 0 (Wednesday)

Wednesday started off annoyingly, but not terrible. I didn't sleep at all over the night, so when 6AM rolled around I was still wide awake for my shuttle ride to the airport.

Early morning Arizona

At the airport I learned that apparently everyone wants to leave Arizona - which I can't blame them really - as the lines for both check-in and security were positively massive. I think in total I was waiting in one line or another for an hour and a half. It was okay though, as my flight was delayed for nearly four hours!
The delay wasn't too bad though, given that half of the flight was going to Gencon. As a result we ended up having a mini-convention right there at the gate. :D It was entertaining to say the least.
The flight itself went well, and when I got to Indy I took a limo (it was cheaper than most of the other options!) from the airport to the hotel. There I met up with the friend that paid for my plane and hotel fees for the convention (huuuuge thanks for that again, Templar!), as well as his brother and their friend. We then went to eat at a place called Steak'n'Shake where I met up with more of my friends from online.

April and Mason, raaawr

Afterwards it was back to the hotel where I hung out for a while before heading to another hotel with April to check out the pre-convention demos from Wyrd Miniatures. There we watched a game of Kings of Artifice that was in progress until we headed back and passed out in our respective rooms, eagerly awaiting the first day of the convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment