Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Gencon Report: Day 3 (Saturday)

Saturday began with a swearing that I would not be spending any more money save for food and transport fees. It also began with me deciding that I wanted to spend more time gaming and working on my Achievement League stuff than going to seminars. To be fair though, the seminars I had for Saturday really weren't that interesting, so gamnig it was!
Meeting Mason, April and Nick down in the halls, we hung out for a while. While I had scrapped all of my planned seminars and panels and activities... They had not, so soon enough I was left alone. Not a big deal though, I did some wandering about to get some costume pictures before coming back to the Wyrd area in the Miniatures Hall. There I watched people demoing and playing Malifaux, and I even helped out in running demos and answering questions, which was fun. It also helped with my Achievement League purposes, so woo!

Didn't get as many pictures as I'd have liked to.

Eventually Nick returned to the minis hall and after hanging out a while we got in an amusing game of Malifaux. Our Strategy was Reconnoiter while most of the Schemes involved murdering models in the other Crew. As I had given him a 5 point advantage, I was at a pretty big model disadvantage, and decided to take cover in a building to lure him to me. It... didn't work quite as well as I'd hoped (damned Seamus and his teleportation!), but I did manage to kill one thing to get me the sole winning VP, so woo!
Once Mason and April returnd from their panels/games/whathave you the lot of us went to get dinner together. This time we opted to just go to the mall, because yesterday's exploration weighed heavily upon our minds. Except for Mason who was gleefully unaware of our perilous journey. (Note for next year: Send Mason on perilous journey).



With food obtained it was back to the event halls where we played some games. I ended up doing a beginner game of Malifaux with April, her running Lilith while I ran Tara. Lilith thuroughly stomped the Herald of Obliteration, as any good Neverborn should. Afterwards we went back to the hotel to watch TV and make fun of the various Ghost and House hunting shows until bed time.



No comments:

Post a Comment